The George Mason University closed circuit television (CCTV) is classified as a highly sensitive system. All video is the property of George Mason University, and the release of any video footage is subject to all Federal and Commonwealth of Virginia laws. Individuals must submit a request, and granting release is based on a case-by-case basis.
- Use Mason’s credentials to access the CCTV Footage Request Form.
- Complete the requestor’s basic information, including the supervisor’s contact information.
- Indicate camera locations to be accessed.
- State the reasons for releasing footage from the camera.
- Once the account has been created, the requestor will be asked to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement stating that the requestors are being given access to sensitive information and will ensure all efforts are made to comply with university confidentiality regulations.
- Once the request is approved, the requestor will receive a notification that the access request is accepted and active.