Follow the instructions below to grant an individual to become an Authorizing Agent to manage electronic access for designated buildings, access levels (ACLs), and card reader doors.
Step 1: Log in to the Signature Authority Form (SAF) with Mason Net ID.
Step 2: Specify the authorizing agent who manages access to the space.
Step 3: Enter information about the individual who is requesting to become an authorizing agent.
Step 4: Select the request type.
- New – select this option to add a new authorizing agent.
- Add to Existing – select this option to modify authority levels, buildings, and rooms an existing authorizing agent can manage electronic access for.
- Remove – select this option to remove an authorizing agent completely from electronic access management.
Step 4: Select the authority level.
- Level 1 – Make others Level 2 or Level 3 Authorizers, grant or remove access, request status and lists, and set door mode and timezones in their area(s) of responsibility.
- Level 2 – Grant or remove access, request status and lists, and set door mode and timezones in their area(s) of responsibility.
- Level 3 – Grant or remove access, request status and lists.
Step 5: Enter building names and then access level names or card reader door numbers to grant access management.
Step 6: Click Next and sign the electronic signature to submit the request.
- If the authorizer is the form submitter, the authorizer that submits forms for others will receive notice that the form has been submitted. The authorizer will then need to approve the form.
- If the Authorizing Agent requestor is the form submitter, the authorizer will receive a notification for approval.
For questions or support, please contact:
Card Access Security Office (CASO)
Monday – Friday, 7:00 am – 4:00 pm
(703) 993-1004 (Option 2)